Phone: (321) 503-9937
Let me quickly introduce myself: my name is Aashish Yadavally, first name pronounced / ɑ:ʃi:ʃ /.
I am a fourth-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD), in the Intelligent Systems track. With Dr. Tien Nguyen as my research advisor, I am curently exploring problems at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering, specifically to enable analysis of partial programs for improving security of software systems.
Prior to joining UTD, I graduated with an M.S. degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Georgia, and a B.Tech. in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara. Through my academic journey, I have been fortunate to work under the guidance of/with wonderful people and researchers in:
Dr. David Shaohua Wang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Informatics, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT).
Dr. Frederick Maier is the Associate Director of the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, University of Georgia (UGA).
Dr. Khaled Rasheed is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, and the Director of the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, University of Georgia (UGA).
Dr. Hemant Patil heads the Speech Research Lab, and is a Professor at the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute for Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT).
- Awarded the “ACM SIGSOFT Travel Grant” for USD 400 to attend ESEC/FSE 2023.
- Our paper on Programming Assistant for Exception Handling with CodeBERT is accepted for publication at ICSE 2024.
- Our paper on DeMinify: Neural Variable Name Recovery and Type Inference is accepted for publication at ESEC/FSE 2023.
- Our paper on “Commit-Level, Neural Vulnerability Detection and Assessment” is accepted for publication at ESEC/FSE 2023.
- Awarded the “ACM SIGSOFT Travel Grant” for USD 500 to attend ICSE 2023.
- Happy to serve as a PC Member at ICSE 2024 in the Artifact Evaluation track.
- Our paper “(Partial) Program Dependence Learning” was nominated for the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award.
- Our paper “Phrase2Set, Phrase-to-Set Machine Translation and Its Software Engineering Applications” was awarded the IEEE Computer Society TCSE Distinguished Paper Award.
… read more
You may see me at the following Conferences or Events
2023 ICSE (Melbourne, Australia), 2023 ESEC/FSE (San Francisco, CA, USA)
2022 SANER (Virtual), ICSE (Pittsburgh, PA, USA), ASE (Detroit, MI, USA)
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.” ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, a.k.a. Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.” ~ Dhirubhai Ambani