Phone: (321) 503-9937
Let me quickly introduce myself: my name is Aashish Yadavally, first name pronounced / ɑ:ʃi:ʃ /.
I am a third-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD), in the Intelligent Systems track. With Dr. Tien Nguyen as my research advisor, I am curently exploring problems at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering, specifically to enable analysis of partial programs for improving security of software systems.
Prior to joining UTD, I graduated with an M.S. degree in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Georgia, and a B.Tech. in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara. Through my academic journey, I have been fortunate to work under the guidance of/with wonderful people and researchers in:
Dr. David Shaohua Wang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Informatics, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT).
Dr. Frederick Maier is the Associate Director of the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, University of Georgia (UGA).
Dr. Khaled Rasheed is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, and the Director of the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, University of Georgia (UGA).
Dr. Hemant Patil heads the Speech Research Lab, and is a Professor at the Dhirubhai Ambani Institute for Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT).
- Will be presenting our works on “(Partial) Program Dependence Learning” and “DeepVD: Towards Class-Separation Features for Neural Network Vulnerability Detection” at ICSE 2023.
- Our paper “Commit-Level, Neural Vulnerability Detection and Assessment” is accepted for publication at ESEC/FSE 2023.
- Awarded the “ACM SIGSOFT Travel Grant” for USD 500 to attend ICSE 2023.
- Happy to serve as a PC Member at ICSE 2024 in the Artifact Evaluation track.
- Our paper “(Partial) Program Dependence Learning” is accepted for publication at ICSE 2023.
- Our paper “DeepVD: Towards Class-Separation Features for Neural Network Vulnerability Detection” is accepted for publication at ICSE 2023.
- Happy to serve as a Junior PC Member at MSR 2023 in the Technical Research track.
- Our paper “A Hybrid Approach for Inference between Behavioral Exception API Documentation and Implementations, and Its Applications” is accepted for publication at ASE 2022.
- Our paper “Next Syntactic-Unit Code Completion and Applications” is accepted for publication at ASE 2022 in the NIER track.
- Our paper “Phrase2Set, Phrase-to-Set Machine Translation and Its Software Engineering Applications” was awarded the IEEE Computer Society TCSE Distinguished Paper Award.
… read more
You may see me at the following Conferences or Events
2023 ICSE (Melbourne, Australia)
2022 SANER (Virtual), ICSE (Pittsburgh, PA, USA), ASE (Detroit, MI, USA)
- “The future depends on what we do in the present.” ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, a.k.a. Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.” ~ Dhirubhai Ambani